CRM Mitchell1 2023-06-30T22:03:23+00:002006 Chevrolet Silverado CRM Mitchell1 2023-06-30T22:03:23+00:00
- CUSTOMER REQUESTS THAT DIAGNOSTIC BE PERFORMED
- TECHNICIAN – Test drove vehicle, inspected operation & found Drove well. – Scanned computer control modules & found No codes related. – Inspected & found checked power and ground at connector on tow hitch. Found minor /L1-/L2 collision/ Impact damage at connector and tow hitch. Connector and wiring are intact and ok. Found no power in socket, Fault traced circuit. Found tr1r fuse under hood fuse block blown /L5. Replaced fuse to be able to test further. Verified now have tail lights, reverse, brake lights and turn signals. – Determined blown fuse was the issue.
- TECHNICIAN – Test drove vehicle, inspected operation & found Drove well, Shifted well. – Scanned computer control modules & found ECM/PCM P0101 MAF sensor Circuit out of range P0171 Fuel System Too lean Bank 1 P0174 " " Bank 2 ABS C0040 Right front wheel speed sensor circuit fault- History Code. Right front wheel sensor looks fairly new. – Inspected & found Monitored fuel trim data via scan tool. Found long term readings at lowest limit at -10. Short term switching between -5 and +3. Found MAF air flow sensor reading at 8 grams per second. (Spec 5-7) Found very large rat nest in air filter housing /L5 under air filter. Found MAF sensor is very dirty /L3. Found throttle bode is very dirty /L4-/L5. No vacuum leaks found. No exhaust leaks found. – Determined a restricted air flow through the maf sensor can cause these codes. – Recommends cleaning out air filter housing, replace air filter, clean MAF sensor element and throttle body. Clear codes. Have customer drive and bring back if codes return.
- TECHNICIAN INSPECTED AND FOUND: – LOF sticker shows next LOF due when oil life notification is at 15%, current oil life is at 74%. – Engine oil level & condition Full, Clean – Front brake pads at approximately 60% – Rear brake pads at approximately 50% – Scanned computer control module and found; See details above. – Best tires in front at 13/32 and rear tires at 7/32. Recommends tire rotation. – Engine oil leak at engine oil cooler lines /L3-/L4. Recommends replacing engine oil cooler line. – Engine oil leak at oil pan gasket. /L3-/L4. Recommends replacing oil pan gasket. – Battery showing signs of leaking acid. Top corroded /L3. From 10/14. Fails load test. – Left front wheel hub bearing noisy / L4. Recommends replacing both front wheel bearings. ****THIS IS A SAFETY CONCERN!*****
- Technician removed air filter housing. Removed filter and nesting materials from housing. Rinsed out housing area. Installed new air filter. Cleaned MAF sensor. Removed grass like debris from sensor screen. Cleaned throttle body. Reassembled all components. Cleared codes. Test drove vehicle. Verified repair. Found no codes reposted.
Diane T. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/29/2023