- CUSTOMER REQUESTS THAT DIAGNOSTIC BE PERFORMED
- TECHNICIAN – Test drove vehicle, inspected operation & found Vehicle drives well , can hear a grinding noise coming from front right wheel area. – Scanned computer control modules & found codes C1627 Cam timeout 4wd, C2227-P1728 Emc- open or short to battery 4wd system. These codes appear to be history codes and are not related to the brake issue. – Inspected & found front brake pads are worn and at 0% also front right rotor has grooves from brake pad being to thin. THIS IS A SAFETY CONCERN! – Determined front pads are at 0 % – Recommends replacing front pads and rotors.
- TECHNICIAN INSPECTED AND FOUND: – LOF sticker shows next LOF was due at 104846 miles, overdue 20,748 miles by sticker. Recommend performing engine oil service. – Engine oil level & condition Full – Front brake pads at approximately 0% THIS IS A SAFETY CONCERN. – Rear brake pads at approximately 20% THIS IS A SAFETY CONCERN! – There is a oil leak at timing cover /L2. Recommends taking to dealership for further diagnostic and repairs and this vehicle requires specialty tools. – Air filter is dirty /L4. Recommends replacing air filter. – Spark plugs are worn and rusty /L4. Recommends engine tune up with replacement of spark plugs, fuel injection, throttle body service, and air filter. *** — Scanned computer control modules & found codes C1627 Cam timeout 4wd, C2227-P1728 Emc- open or short to battery 4wd system. These codes appear to be history codes. If check engine light comes on and/or these codes populate again recommend taking vehicle to the dealership for diagnostic.
- Technician performed engine tune-up. Removed air box and intake tube to gain access to the throttle body and back spark plugs, Removed and replaced all spark plugs, thoroughly cleaned throttle body. Removed and replaced the air filter. Reassembled all components. Added fuel injection concentrate to the fuel system. Ran engine and cycled cleaner through the fuel system. Test drove. Verified repair.
- Technician removed front wheels, unbolted calipers, cleaned, lubricated, and reinstalled caliper pins. Removed and replaced front brake pads and rotors. Reinstalled all wheels, torqued all lug nuts. Road tested. Verified repair.
- Technician removed rear wheels, unbolted calipers, cleaned, lubricated, and reinstalled caliper pins. Removed and replaced rear brake pads and rotors. Adjusted parking brake shoes. Reinstalled all wheels, torqued all lug nuts. Road tested. Verified repair.
Brian O. gave our service a 5 star review on 3/30/2022